Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Being Creative While Home Alone...

It's Wednesday and I am already into Day 3 of the week-long home alone time since Jill, Abby and Toby are spending time with family in Tampa. Believe it or not, I'm still capable of maintaining some form of livelihood here in Atlanta despite being family-less, but I am surprised how fast the time is flying by already. I almost feel like I haven't accomplished much other than working late, eating badly and staying up, yet I was productive in the yard on Monday...at least up until I weed-eated over that yellow jacket nest. Yeah, thankfully I only got stung once and even though it hurt like hades I still managed to finish trimming some tree limbs in the front yard. Fun stuff for sure. Anyways, I know that at any minute Jill is going to upload some photos from Abigail's trip to the Lowry Park Zoo yesterday, but in the meantime I wanted to do a little photoblogging so that all you people concerned for my well being can see that I can never truly be bored as long as I have my camera. :-)



Ever since moving to Marietta, I've been meaning to do a photowalk through the abandoned Belmont Hills shopping center. On Monday while on my way home from work I took a detour over to the shopping center to see what I could capture. As you can see, the skies were incredibly blue and those powder puff clouds really made it interesting to shoot while facing the east. The decrepit Belmont Hills complex is falling apart on its on and is a huge eyesore in the Marietta/Smyrna area along Atlanta Rd. However, work is already under way to redevelop the abandoned property into a large mixed-use development of condos, townhouses and office/retail space. Looking forward to seeing this eye-sore removed from our area.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger