Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Surprising Turn of the Day by JILL

I was really bummed about today, since yesterday. I found out I "failed" the 28wk gestational diabetes screening by 4 points. I had to be at the doctor's office at 8am for a fasting gestational diabetes screening (meaning I was not able to eat past midnight last night- which really meant 10pm, since that's what time I was in bed). I was hungry while driving to the appointment. They drew blood at 8am then I drank the sugary stuff. Then they took more blood at 9am, 10am and 11am. I was bored out of my mind (thanks to those of you who pre-occupied me with text messages) and the hunger kept increasing. Since I had no energy and they were taking my blood, I was getting tired too. Finally that part of the day was over!

Then I had to get food, and waste time before a 1pm meeting at work. I wanted so much to bail and go take a nap instead!!! The hotel has been cutting back on hours, so I really could use the extra hours from the meeting. As I walked up to the hotel, I discovered the mailman (on his off day) was delivering a diaper cake, and he made it for ME! Well, Abby will be the one using the items. :) Needless to say, I was completely shocked and surprised. I mean, I talk to him a couple times a week, he's a nice guy and very social. He'll ask how my pregnancy is going, and he is actually expecting another child (a girl too) a month or so after Abby's arrival. The diaper cake is amazing! There's a bunch of travel size items and little clothes attached. The teddy bear topper is so soft too! What a wonderful surprise!

My favorite about the picture is Toby checking out the diaper cake. We've been telling him he's going to be a big brother, and sometimes Toby will even love on my belly (well, when Matt makes him). Very rarely, he'll come and lay with me, it's really sweet...it's mostly self-fish because he gets belly rubs when he lays with me! He's going to be in for a big shock when he's not the center of attention anymore!

And if you're wondering about my health over baby gifts (presents are just so much more fun!), I'll get the test results back on Thursday or Friday.
Powered By Blogger