Saturday, October 17, 2009

Here, There & Everywhere

It's update time, folks. Sorry for for the lapse in blogging, but as some of you know, we've been insanely busy lately. My travels ended last week when I got back from Vegas, only to have Jill, Abby & Toby pack up and head to Tampa this past Wednesday. As of right now, Abby & Jill are in Orlando with Nina & Nano (Anita & Wayne) for Nano's dragon boat racing competition today. Here's some photos Jill sent:



I'm sure Jill, Anita & Wayne have taken plenty of photos while in Orlando, so I'll let Jill share those in a later blog. As for me, I finished out the week at work and am now spending a very rainy and chilly weekend at home...well, now. I actually have been out of town last night and most of today, but I promise to stay home tomorrow.

So, back to yesterday. On Thursday night I got a call from my cousin Connie who let me know that my cousin, Sarah Beth, would be in town on Friday night and that I should try to come down. Without going into a long drawn out story, let me just say that I haven't seen Sarah Beth in over 10 years (along with her brother and parents). She's the youngest first cousin on my Dad's side of the family, and was passing through on her way back home to Ft. Myers, FL. I didn't want to miss this opportunity, and so I left work and headed south for LaGrange. I picked up Valerie and Gavin along the way and we made it in time to have the reunion 10 years in the making. It was great seeing her, although brief as it was, and hopefully it will lead to all of us reuniting again someday soon. Here's a few photos from last night. (Sarah Beth is blonde and wearing the grey hoodie sweate shirt):



As for today, well I got up around 6am and left the house to meet up with my buddy, Ying. Our plan was to go to the Euro Auto Festival @ the BMW plant in Greer, SC. And so we made the 2.5 hr drive north on I-85 and made it to the festival. Of course, we were greeted with interment rain and a lot of chilly air, but we still had a great time walking around seeing some incredible automotive works of art. One of the other things we did, or actually Ying did was take part in the Autocross. What's that? Well, basically they setup a road course in a parking lot and allowed people to do time trial laps. While Ying did his first two laps, I stood off the course to get some action photos. On the last lap, I actually jumped into the passenger seat of the BMW 1-series with him to enjoy the ride. It was a quick 24 seconds, but still a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I am totally jealous of the Auto Festival and especially, the Autocross! Sounds like a great way to spend the day!

Powered By Blogger