Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Daddy's Turn to Blog (Photos Galore)

Hello, my name is Matt (Abigail's daddy). Why the intro? Um, well, can you remember the last time I blogged? I couldn't, but thankfully Jill has kept this thing rolling along over the last several weeks. And for the sake of all you out there in blog land who love to know what we've been up to and see photos of Little Miss Abigail, I'm back to blog a little today.

So, in case some of you out there don't know, it's been one heck of a wild rollercoaster for my professional life lately. I've been working on a consulting project with my Philips Design team since October that has all but consumed my work mind, but when you're playing a role in redesigning the packaging for a national fast food chain, I guess it's okay to be dedicated. Of course, I've also had to deal with the news that my office will be closing and I will be left without a job after March 31st, so it's been a little bit of a double whammy lately. When it comes to my job, I'm not usually up for blogging about it, but with it being the source of our livelihood, you could say that it is very important. And since my days at my current employer are numbered, it's definitely weighing on my mind these days. Yet when some doors begin to close that usually means others are soon to open, and in my case it seems that I may have doors both closing and opening simultaneously in the coming weeks thanks to me having a really great interview with a company here in Atlanta. Without spilling the beans and/or jinxing myself, I'll just say that I will be meeting with the general manager of that design center over lunch on Friday where we'll be discussing my career a bit further. So for right now, I just ask for your thoughts and prayers that this could be the right fit for me and things will just "work" out. I know God has a plan for me and us, and I'm always amazed at how he continues to bless us. If it's his will, then this could be a really great move for my career in a very precarious time. :-)

Okay, so of course my intention was to update you on the job situation first in case any of you were wondering and I haven't had the chance to speak to you about it. My second objective in this streamlined blog I'm putting forth is to share stories and photos of Little Miss Abigail. After all, she's the light of our lives and everyday brings new and exciting things as she continues to ride her incredibly fast-paced learning curve. I'm just amazed at how much of a little girl she's become. She's so smart and even showing more independent enthusiasm to figure things out on her own. Not to mention the words she's beginning to learn and speak. Of the words she does know, I would say her most used would be "UP", which she says often to indicate that she would like to be picked up to see what's at our eye level and maybe point out what she wants. The other cute thing that she's doing is brushing her teeth, especially when she notices Jill and I brushing our teeth. Hopefully, we're creating good hygiene habits early and I know her Nana, the dental hygienist, will appreciate knowing that her granddaughter is learning the ropes at such a young age. As for other stuff, well, it seems like there's just too much to write about. When it boils down to it, Abigail is just growing up and becoming more and more of a little kid by the day. I know I'm really looking forward to Spring so we 3 can get back outside and play more, and of course give me more opportunities to snap photos. Ha!

Okay, so over the last few weeks we've been fairly busy. I'll start off with the most recent photos I have, which would be from our most recent trip to the GA Aquarium. As some of you know, we asked for moolah for Christmas so we could buy season passes to local attractions in the ATL, and the aquarium was definitely high on the list. And so Jill purchased season tix and we got to use the back on January 30th while our good friends Garrett, Danitza and baby Vicky were in town.


On January 22nd, the two of us had a little fun in her new tent gym in our woodsie room...


On January 18th, it was meal time, which was then followed by bathtime...


On January 16th, we had a long day that began with us hosting a pot-luck brunch and having both old and new friends over to the house including Julie, Shawn & Desmond...


And later that evening, we had the Barnes family Christmas finally, that had been delayed quite a bit due to an incredibly busy December...

2 comments:

"Nina" said...

lots of great photos...enjoyed the update...

Kristi said...

holy cow that tent is HUGE! The pictures of little miss Abby eating just so she's most definitely inherited your talent of making faces. poor girl :P
You should check up on my blog to see a similar story...no not babies.

Powered By Blogger