Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: The Disney Letter "K"

It took me forever to think of someone or something Disney related with the letter "K" other than "Kingdom".   Finally, I remembered the Kilimanjaro Safaris! Well, I had to go back and look it up because we usually just call it the Safari instead of by it's full name.

It wasn't until October 2010 until our very first visit to Animal Kingdom, so that was our first time also riding the Kilimanjaro Safaris. The big touring vehicles reminded me a bit of The Jungle Cruise boats on wheels, but it was more informational in comparison the the hilarity of The Jungle Cruise.

The African savanna reminded me and my parents of Busch Gardens, easy to compare since we are from Tampa. Abigail loved looking for all the animals (she wasn't yet 2yo on this visit).
Black Rhino
Our second visit to Animal Kingdom wasn't again until March 2012. Abigail still loves seeing all the different animals! Every time you experience the safari you will have the chance to see a variety of animals.

Crocodile
 

Crazy Ostrich running at our truck!

QUESTIONS:
-Have you experienced the Kilimanjaro Safaris for yourself?
-Do you have a favorite African animal?

3 comments:

Ramona S said...

Hey! I nominated you for "Very Inspiring Blog" award. Go to my blog and check out the details! :)

also, I loved this ride when we visited AK in 2009.

Lena said...

You know I have been to WDW twice in the span of a year and never ONCE set foot into Animal Kingdom. I've always wondered if it was worth the price to spend a day there.
Love the pictures though!

James @ Home is Where the Mouse is said...

Great pics of the family enjoy the safari! I love that you got pics of them!! I am usually too busy looking for animals!

Powered By Blogger