Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Geared Up!


Current Gear
Originally uploaded by crashmattb

So, I continue to build upon my photography addiction day by day, and yesterday was a big step. I received my new $400 lens, the Sigma 17-70mm. Over the past 2 months I've absolutely worn my 50mm out, using it for every situation possible (since it wass the only lens I owned). Now, I will have zoom range from a basic wide angle to a macro. After just a few trial shots, I already know this is going to be a fun lens.

The plan is that all of this is not just for fun. I've taken photography seriously over the last year or so, and really plan to start promoting my photos and skills in hopes of landing occasional gigs. With Jill soon to be a stay-at-home mom, I'd love to use this hobby to bring in some extra dough. I did just sell one of my shots to a map company this week, which is a good start. Anyways, here's my current gear:

- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC
- Canon EF 50mm 1.8 II
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi

1 comment:

Uma and Wil said...

If we lived closer, I'd have commissioned you for a family portrait. It's probably not what you want but there's always a market in family/wedding arena.

Powered By Blogger