Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to Work...

Well, it's Monday morning (Dec 29th) and this is my first day back at work after taking last week off for Christmas and Abby. I'd love to say that I had a great night of rest and was ready to jump right back into the job this morning, but that just wasn't the case. The culprit...not Abby. No, she actually slept pretty well last night. It was me who was tossing and turning because my throat has some annoying problem going on with it where I must swallow every 30 secs while clearing my throat. I really don't think I'm coming down with anything since having throat problems has been common the last few years for me, especially during the winter months. And so, despite my 2-3 hours of sleep that I squeezed in, I'm considerably chipper today...so far. Anyways, getting up was easy this morning since I was already awake. The commute was a breeze due to the number of people still calling this week vacation time around Atlanta, and by the looks of things from my desk this office is missing many of those. The office has been quiet with just a few regulars here. I've managed to show off a few baby pics of Abby already and knock down some coffee and hot chocolate, too. However, my project log is practically nil since the team planned for me to be out for a few days around this time with Abby's arrival, and pretty much all of the project managers, art directors and designers are no where to be found. Heck, my boss is still in Holland visiting with family. Oh well, there's always a need to clean up my cubicle a bit so I can start the new year right. Now if only I could get rid of all these surge protectors, cables and other stuff I've been working on the last few weeks. Whew!

By the way, I did take a little time to update the blog a little bit. I've slowly been tweaking things here or there, but I finally took another shot at developing the title page. With Jill and me blogging simulatneously now, I've change the blog title also. Who knows, Abby may be blogging away any day now. :-) Well, enjoy the refresh and feel free to check out the photos from the last week. It was quite a doozy!
Powered By Blogger