Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baking & Burrowing & Giving Blood by JILL

I've somehow been up since 5:30AM! I woke up and was wide awake. Calmly, I nudged Matt from his slumber to inform him NO I WASN'T IN LABOR, just awake and was going downstairs. I made myself some banana nut muffins and some coffee. Then decided I wanted to bake. I pulled the mixer out (yes, mom, I was very careful!) and all ingredients for Toby treats! I even treated Matt to some strawberry muffins. He has to be up so early for his job at Philips I haven't made him breakfast since Griffin!

The huge batch of Toby treats wasn't just for Toby. I bagged them and sent them down with my cousin, Stephen, for Toby's Tampa cousins & friends. After wrapping the remainder of gifts and watching some TV, I took a nice long bubble bath! I really hope Abby likes her bath time, because she's really squirmy when I try to relax and enjoy. Then I decided to treat my swollen feet to a pedicure and on my way out of the driveway I managed to puncture a tire. Matt wasn't thrilled when I got the extra warranty on my tires ($44) but they fixed the tire for free! Unfortunately the pedicure only made me feel worse, the cute Asain lady kept commenting on my swollen feet. :( Yes, they're huge and they hurt! That's why I'm here, paying you, to pamper them!

When I got home I decided to keep baking (more Toby treats, this time actually for Toby and his Atlanta friends). Since the swelling wont be 'cured' until after labor, standing and walking (letting gravity taking it's tole on Abby) while baking has been the project this afternoon/evening. I've definitely had stronger Braxton Hicks or pre-labor (since I don't know what that's like, I don't know if that's what it is) since yesterday. And the burrowing has become more prevalent. You may be wondering what is this 'burrowing' I speak. Basically, it's my description of what it feels like Abby is doing - digging her way out! It does not feel good, to say the least. Seriously, she better be O-U-T in 48 hours!

On another, more pleasant note, Matt gave blood today. While he's had to give blood before (medically), he's never donated. His reward, besides the satisfaction of a good deed, is the nutter butter he enjoyed afterward. Our fathers will be proud! (We think they're both part of the million gallon club by now.) ;)
Powered By Blogger