Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Great Weekend

Emily & Mike's wedding was so fun! It was a simple Catholic ceremony (that we were late for...someone thought the wedding was at 5:30 instead of 5!). The church was small and without air but was located beautifully on the gulf, where the newlywed couple left after the ceremony in a boat. The reception was in a barn (SO Emily) but it was gorgeous. My parents and grandparents were in attendance, as well as Abigail. We danced with Abigail, she had fun. She line danced with Mommy & Nina to the 'to the right, to the right, to the left, to the left, now kick, kick' song. And Abigail slow danced with Mommy & Daddy, and boogied with Mommy to Brown Eyed Girl...I'm still hoping those hazel flecks don't become brown eyes.

(Complete side note here... I'm used to calling them Emily & Z so I don't think I ever realized what I'm about to explain. Janet & Emily were both in my wedding, and they both got married a month apart from each other. And my new epiphany? They both married MIKES! Just ignore my Mush Moment - I think that's what I should start calling them, since my brain isn't functioning at full capacity anymore.)

It was a fun Auburn influenced evening, even with a War Eagle shaker send off. A great touch! OHH!!! And I also learned that another friend of mine from Auburn is now engaged! Sarah didn't want to spoil Emily's day so she didn't say anything, my father actually said something thinking I forgot to tell him. I can not be happier for Sarah & Ricky! (It's the same happiness I share for all my family & friends...the newlyweds, the newly engaged...and those I anxiously await engagement phone calls from <-you know who you are!).

I'M HOPING MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND WILL UPLOAD SOME WEDDING PICS HERE AS A SLIDESHOW BEFORE TOO MANY OF YOU READ THIS. :)

Abigail and I rode back down with my parents & grandparents to Tampa and will be spending the week here; Matt will join us Thursday night. That drive was crazy, Abigail only slept the first 4hrs. I couldn't wait to get here to see Mr Toby! He was so excited to see me, and maybe a little excited for Abigail....then a little less when she got fussy. Currently, Toby is on the floor on one side of the bed and Abigail is in a crib on the other - both slightly snoring. It's time for me to join them in dreamland, goodnight!
Powered By Blogger