Saturday, January 24, 2009

All in the Details


One of my favorite tiny details is Abigail's eyelashes. When she was born, there was barely any at all. Over the weeks her eyelashes have continued to grow and slightly darken. Her eyebrows are starting to get a slight color to them as well. She also still has cute little peach fuzz along the edges of her ears.

I love Abigail's hands and feet. Her fingernails grow fairly quickly, I've been giving her baby manicures. She has started to grasp onto our fingers. When Abigail is eating, if she finds my hand, she will hold onto a finger. Meanwhile, still eating, she's gently rubbing her little feet against my arm and elbow. It's as if she's trying to tell me 'Mom this boobie is so tasty.' Sometimes I rub her feet while she's eating, she likes that too. Then there are her toes (her daddy's monkey toes); it's so adorable when she flexes and bends and stretches them.

Abigail wont be weighed again until the end of February for her 8wk check-up. I tried weighing myself, then weighing both of us but it wasn't accurate. Her cheeks are fuller (as I'm sure you can tell by pictures). What you do not see, are the cute little rolls she now has at the top of her thighs. She's still an itty bitty thing, but those thighs are too cute! We tried measuring her today and we estimate she's measuring at least 20in long.


Little noises are more than just crying now. Abigail is cooing a little bit and we have even heard a giggle or two. She was smiling and cooing at me this morning when I was telling her she had a stinky in her diaper. I think the funniest noise is this partial cry, she starts to whine and then stops as quickly as it started.

As the days and weeks continue to pass, Abigail is only going to get more active and her personality will continue to shine through. I'll try my best to keep everyone updated on Abigail as she continues to grow both inside and out. :)
Powered By Blogger