Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Computer Virus Potential: Conficker

For the last few days I kept hearing blurbs on the news about a computer virus that was going to be sent out today, April 1st...just so happens to be April Fool's Day. I'm not super computer savvy so the most I gathered from the news brief was to be safe and run a Full Service Scan on your computers (in addition to keeping some type of protection on your computer such as AVG or McAfee). I'm sure with all the press on this virus, I'm sure any Google search with Microsoft and/or Full Service Scan would bring up what you'd need. The scan has currently been running on my computer for the last hour and I'm only at 1%, it's going to be a while.

If you don't want to do any searching, this is the direct link I used for my Full Service Scan. I'm hoping this turns out to be a April Fool's joke or a lot less severe than the media has been hyping.

Have a great April Fool's Day everyone!
Powered By Blogger