Saturday, September 13, 2008

In Case You're Wondering...

I'm sick. Sick as an ugly, flea-bitten dawg. A bit embarrassed, too. Why? Well, I just wasted 3 hours of my life watching my beloved Auburn Tigers football team beat Mississippi State. Score = 3 to 2. Yep, the #9 ranked team in the nation just beat a lowly MSU by 1 point to win the "holy crap that was a bad game" award. Technically, Auburn gets the "W" for the win in their first SEC game, but most Auburn fans tonight would tell you that it was the most painful win ever experienced. No, I'm not exaggerating. Auburn's last win of similar margins was a painful 3-0 win over Miami back in 1974. Whew, glad I wasn't around to see that one. All I can say is that my Auburn fanhood has took an embarrassing blow with this game. A win is a win, but this was more about surviving instead of winning.

(Photo/Grant Gannon)

Supposedly, Auburn installed a new offensive system known as the "spread offense", which has been used by high-scoring schools such as West Virginia, Florida and Missouri. The objective is to be a fast-paced offense that puts up tons of points and wears out opposing defenses. Apparently, Auburn installed the Chinese-generic brand version and it showed in the most pathetic display of Auburn offense since...since...heck, I have no idea. Can you tell this is bothering me? I'm just thankful we have a great defense to make up for our lackluster offense. Part of me wants to vent more, but this is a family blog. Well, I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now...
Powered By Blogger