Saturday, September 6, 2008

Update from Tampa


Run to Grandma
Originally uploaded by crashmattb

Well, we made it into Tampa last night just fine and have already jumped head first into the weekend's activities. This morning I had my bacon, egg & cheese on Cuban bread (awesome, thanks Anita) and then proceeded to scarf down a grouper sandwich (also, on Cuban bread) less than 2 hours later after traveling with Jill's grandparents to a small little Cubano Market/Grille in West Tampa. Definitely a good sandwich, and the crab empanada was not too shabby, either. I also got to spend a little time at Mikey & Marisa's before heading back to the house to get ready for the wedding rehearsal. The photo above is one of the few I snapped of Melina while hanging out there.

Anyways, we made it down to Brandon for the rehearsal, and then enjoyed the rehearsal dinner later on @ Buca di Beppo. I ate way too much, but it just meant that I was sticking with the mantra I adopted earlier in the day by stuffing myself with the Cuban bread-based sandwiches. Good times at the restaurant, and the drive back wasn't as bad as it has been most times (little traffic @ 10pm). Now I'm about to call it an evening. Tomorrow is the wedding (precluded by the Auburn-Southern Miss football game). Sunday is Melina's birthday party. Plenty still to do this weekend, so I may update on Sunday...then again, maybe not until Monday. Later...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger