Thursday, June 18, 2009

Complete Disgust!

I am completely disgusted! Our bathroom is soooo nasty. No matter what cleaning product I use to clean, nothing is doing the job. There's white 4x4 tile on the walls of the shower and a white tub (it's not one of those new shower/tub all in one combos). This house is around 30yrs old so I don't know when the tile was originally installed. It looks like there has been some grout repair, probably a couple times. Well, there are some cracks and grooves and they are N-A-S-T-Y!

Mom, you might want to sitdown for this, it's so unlike me you might begin to feel woozy. I just finished scrubbing the bathroom, the tile, the tub, the fixtures, the backside of the toilet, the baseboards and grout. I used a Lysol bathroom cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles, a bleach-water mixture and lastly a Publix brand mildew cleaner. Obviously, I didn't use all the cleaners combined together; I used one at a time. I had the bathroom window open, with a fan blowing into the bathroom, and a fan blowing the hallway air into the bedroom. I finished it off with a Mr. Clean mopping. Wouldn't you think it'd be spotless? It's not. It's still completely gross. I must have been in there for at least 30mins (when I started Friends was just starting, and when I finished Seinfeld was on), I even broke a freakin' sweat!

One day Matt's going to arrive home and our bathroom is going to be completely destroyed. The tile chipped off, one nasty tile at a time...the painted-over wall paper removed...the old painted-over cabinet and counter top gone! Well, I wouldn't actually do it because we don't have the money or the time to remodel it right now...but a girl can dream!
Powered By Blogger