Sunday, June 14, 2009

First Ever Crib Attempt

For some odd reason, when the A/C was out Abigail did not like sleeping all night in her bassinet. She had been sleeping though the night, without issue, since around 4mo. Then the A/C went out. I let her sleep in the big bed with me the night Matt went to SC. Usually in the mornings, when she wakes up in the wee hours (for me - usually anytime between 6am-8am) I'll let her nurse in our bed then we snooze a bit longer together. Even though she'd get some AM snuggle time, it never affected night time until the A/C went out. Every night, she'd wake and want to comfort nurse and not want to be in the bassinet. Now if you remember, the A/C went back on Tuesday and she hasn't reverted back to sleeping through the night...nor wanting to stay in the bassinet the entire night. I was up with her most of Friday night/Saturday morning and Matt was kind enough to let me sleep in even once Abigail woke for good. (He usually wakes up early on Saturdays and Sundays, goes downstairs and plays XBOX. He does turn the monitor on so he can greet us when we 'finally' get up.) Last night I was so tired, Matt cuddled with her so I could get more Zzz's; this left him a little groggy today - but he was still up earlier for XBOX.

We made it to a new church today. The service was decent, but I don't think it's completely what we're looking for. Then we headed down to Newnan to celebrate the June birthdays. Today is Valerie's 26th birthday. Matt will be celebrating the big TWO-NINE on the 24th. And to finish off the month, Sherry's birthday is on the 30th. Gavin may or may not make it to July...so he might be another June birthday! We made our exit from Newnan just as Abigail was falling asleep, so we had a peaceful drive back home. Tonight we tried to catch up on some housework - laundry, dishes, picking-up Abigail's room.

Abigail is currently asleep in her crib, in her room. I'm listening to the nature sounds on the monitor from The Sleep Sheep. I hope Matt and I can get a good night's sleep tonight, that would be wonderful!

Free Blog Poll

I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon, or early evening, to post the results so everyone has plenty of time to vote.
Powered By Blogger